Two new COVID-19 cases in Northern Health region - cases rising in rest of BC
FORT ST. JOHN -- In the last 24 hours, B.C. is reporting 185 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 149,444 cases in the province.
There are 909 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,756 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 47 individuals are in hospital and 20 are in intensive care.
The new/active cases include:
• Two new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 16
• 35 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 208
• 26 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 136
• 113 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 503
• eight new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 41
• one new case of a person who resides outside of Canada, total active cases: five
Since yesterday-, three new deaths (Vancouver Coastal Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 1,771.
As of Wednesday, 80.9% (3,747,391) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 63.2% (2,931,128) have received their second dose.