PRRD launches new program to help seniors living alone
The Peace River Regional District is launching a new supportive program to help seniors living independently
The Seniors Aging in Place program will be available to seniors in Electoral Area D and parts of Electoral Area E. You must be aged 65 years or older to qualify.
The program offers meal delivery, housekeeping, and snow removal during the winter, all for low fees. The meals will be $3 per meal per person; housekeeping in $12.50 per visit; snow removal is $25 per month and is available from November to March.
According to PRRD directors Leonard Hiebert and Dan Rose, the goal of the program is to “allow residents to retain their independence and continue to live comfortably in the communities that they have called home for their entire lives.”
The services will be delivered by the Dawson Creek Society for Community Living.
The PRRD is holding information sessions around the region for people interested in learning more. They will be held at:
• Tate Creek Community Hall (October 17, 2022, 1-3PM)
• Kelly Lake Community Hall (October 20, 2022, 1-3PM)
• Upper Cutbank (October 21, 2022, 1-3PM)
• Rolla Community Hall (October 24, 2022, 1-3PM)
• McLeod Community Hall (October 26, 2022, 1-3PM)
• Farmington Community Hall (October 27, 2022, 1-3PM)
For more details, or to find out if you are eligible, you can visit prrd.bc.ca/saip/.