Northern Health reporting over 25 percent of all new COVID-19 cases in BC
Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix speak at a live COVID-19 update. (Province of BC/Flickr)
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 743 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 192,491 cases in the province.
There are currently 5,969 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 184,121 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 360 individuals are currently in hospital and 137 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• 196 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 893
• 265 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 2,339
• 69 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 833
• 143 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 1,129
• 70 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 717
In the past 24 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,001.
As of Friday, 88.6% (4,107,666) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.2% (3,811,076) received their second dose.