Northern Health reporting 68 new cases of COVID-19 - active cases drop below 500
A caretaker puts a face mask on a young boy. (Shutterstock)
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 468 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 214,150 cases in the province.
There are 3,345 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 208,284 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 355 individuals are currently in hospital and 110 are in intensive care.
Health official say that during the period from November 10th to the 16th, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.4% of cases.
They add, that from November 3rd to the 16th, those who have not received two doses of the vaccine, accounted for 70.3% of hospitalizations.
The new/active cases include:
* 68 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 489
* 173 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 1,220
* 69 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 505
* 85 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 612
* 72 new cases in Island Health, otal active cases: 460
In the last 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,290.
The new deaths include:
* Northern Health: two
* Fraser Health: five
* Interior Health: one
* Island Health: one
As of Thursday, 90.8% (4,207,832) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87% (4,030,851) have received their second dose.