Northern Health has notified three schools in the Peace Region about potential exposures to COVID-19
Northern Health logo
DAWSON CREEK -- Northern Health has notified 1 Rose Prairie school, 1 school in Dawson Creek and a school in Fort St. John about potential exposures to COVID-19.
- Upper Pine Elementary School Rose Prairie June 1
- Anne Roberts Young Elementary Fort St. John May 31
- Tremblay Elementary School Dawson Creek May 20-21 and 27
If a student or teacher receives a confirmed positive COVID-19 test result, Public Health follows a rigorous protocol:
- Contact tracing is initiated to determine how the individual was infected and who they were in close contact with.
- Identify and notify close contacts who may be at an increased risk, and advise to self-isolate and monitor for symptoms for 14 days.
Only Public Health can determine who is a close contact. Learning groups, friends or other connections may not be determined to be a close contact.
Public Health staff works closely with the school and school district throughout the case and contact management process to maintain close communication with the school community.
Public health will contact you directly in case of any school exposure involving your child.