Northern Health averages 65 new cases of COVID-19 over the weekend - 4 deaths
Published Tuesday, November 23, 2021 8:05AM PST
Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry provides an update on COVID-19 on November 23, 2020: (Province of B.C. / Flickr)
FORT ST. JOHN -- Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,052 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 215,688 cases in the province:
* Nov. 19-20: 390 new cases
* Nov. 20-21: 332 new cases
* Nov. 21-22: 330 new cases
There are 3,132 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 210,070 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 337 individuals are in hospital and 115 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 196 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 528
* 345 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 1,148
* 125 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 436
* 227 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 589
* 159 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 436
In the last 72 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,303.
The new deaths include:
* Northern Health: four
* Fraser Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Island Health: two
As of Monday, 90.9% (4,213,371) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.3% (4,047,568) have received their second dose.