No new cases of COVID-19 in Northern Health - active cases down to 32
B.C. provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry speaks in Victoria on Feb. 23, 2021. (Province of B.C./Flickr)
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 76 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 148,563 cases in the province.
There are currently 692 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,099 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 50 individuals are currently in hospital and 12 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• no new cases in Northern Health - Total active cases: 32
• 27 new cases in Fraser Health - Total active cases: 182
• nine new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health - Total active cases: 241
• 37 new cases in Interior Health - Total active cases: 207
• three new cases in Island Health - Total active cases: 22
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,763.
Currently, there are two active outbreaks in:
• acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
• long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health)
• assisted or independent living: none
As of Tuesday, July 20, 80.0% (3,706,660) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 54.4% (2,519,686) have received their second dose.
In addition, 81.0% (3,503,156) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 57.8% (2,498,763) have received their second dose.