Students at Chetwynd Secondary School and Windrem Elementary School were placed under “secure and hold” on Tuesday.
School District 59 said the move regarding each school was “out of abundance of cautio.”
The district added that they are working closely with the RCMP through this process.
No information has been released on what prompted the decision.
Last week, the Dawson Creek Secondary School was also placed under “secure and hold.”
Dawson Creek RCMP said at the time that a student made a comment about the Tumbler Ridge mass shooting tragedy on the messaging app Discord.
Student were temporary removed from the school as a result.
