HUDSON’S HOPE, B.C. - The emergency department at the Hudson’s Hope Health Centre has been temporarily closed once again, with Northern Health indicating it will re-open on Monday at 8:30 am.
The latest closure marks another disruption to emergency services in the Northeast B.C. community, which has experienced repeated emergency department shutdowns throughout 2026.
Northern Health has previously linked the interruptions to difficulties maintaining physician coverage in Hudson’s Hope.
Northern Health has said the community is being served by just one part-time physician, with recruitment efforts continuing.
The recurring closures have highlighted broader health-care staffing challenges facing rural communities across Northeast B.C., where physician recruitment and retention remain ongoing concerns.
Northern Health has previously said it is working to recruit additional doctors for the community.
Residents requiring emergency medical care during the latest closure are being advised to access services at the nearest available emergency department or call 911 in the event of a medical emergency.
Northern Health has not indicated whether further service interruptions are anticipated beyond the current closure period.
