New cases of COVID-19 fall in Northern Health region - active cases also down
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 593 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 190,372 cases in the province.
There are 5,937 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 182,045 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 345 individuals are in hospital and 144 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• 87 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 836
• 203 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 2,300
• 68 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 869
• 128 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 1,151
• 107 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 723
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,983.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at the University Hospital of Northern BC (Northern Health)
As of Tuesday, 88.3% (4,092,813) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (3,789,179) received their second dose.