COVID-19 UPDATE: Northern Health reporting 1,139 active cases of COVID - 10 people in hospital
Published Monday, January 10, 2022 5:00PM PST Last Updated Monday, January 10, 2022 5:03PM PST
FORT ST. JOHN -- Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 6,966 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 283,841 cases in the province:
* Jan. 7-8: 2,573 new cases
* Jan. 8-9: 2,287 new cases
* Jan. 9-10: 2,106 new cases
There are 34,551 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 243,953 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 431 individuals are in hospital and 95 are in intensive care. Northern Health reporting 10 people are in hospital across the region, two of those patients are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 584 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 1,139
* 2,672 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 15,491
* 1,067 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 9,996
* 1,393 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 4,102
* 1,249 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 3,821
In the past 72 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,446.
The new deaths include:
* Northern Health: one
* Fraser Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
In addition, 92.2% (4,271,751) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,144,682) received their second dose and 25.8% (1,197,440) have received a third dose.