COVID-19 hospitalizations surge 54% in a week - Northern Health adds 179 news cases since Tuesday
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 3,798 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 270,508 cases in the province.
There are 29,967 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 237,195 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 317 individuals are in hospital and 83 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 179 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 750
* 1,739 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 13,920
* 840 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 9,100
* 473 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 2,563
* 566 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 3,631
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,427.
In addition, 92.0% (4,266,177) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.3% (4,138,007) received their second dose and 21.5% (998,164) have received a third dose.