COVID-19 cases on the rise across BC - three new cases in Northern Health region
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 150 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 149,259 cases in the province.
There are 783 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 146,700 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 44 individuals are in hospital and 22 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• Three new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 14
• 32 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 196
• 17 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 122
• 95 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 412
• three new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 35
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,768.
There are two active outbreaks in:
• long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Health) and Nelson Jubilee Manor (Interior Health)
As of Tuesday, 80.7% (3,742,081) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 62.3% (2,887,730) have received their second dose.
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 6,637,241 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.