Close to 200 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Northern Health Region in the last 24 hours
Published Thursday, January 6, 2022 4:46PM PST
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 3,223 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 273,731 cases in the province.
There are 31,817 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 238,524 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 324 individuals are in hospital and 90 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 194 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 850
* 1,538 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 14,794
* 662 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 9,594
* 408 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 2,807
* 417 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 3,765
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,430.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Northern Health: one
In addition, 92.1% (4,267,843) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.3% (4,139,941) have received their second dose and 22.5% (1,042,480) have received a third dose.