CHETWYND -- An electrician received extensive burns after he made contact with electricity at Chetwynd’s BC Hydro site.

Hydro said after the accident, the station was de-energized with the rest of the town losing power.

The incident happened Monday at around 10:30am at the BC Hydro power site.

The manager of Home Hardware said she saw the electrican being electrocuted. 

An ambulance quickly rushed the man to hospital.

It’s unknown what the extent of his burns are at this time.

The power in Chetwynd was restored later that day at around 3:30pm.

BC Hydro said an investigation into the accident is ongoing.