91 new cases of COVID-19 in Northern Health - 813 total active cases
Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry speaks during a COVID-19 update on Aug. 12, 2021. (Province of BC/Flickr)
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 624 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 191,748 cases in the province.
There are 5,929 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 183,406 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 373 individuals are in hospital and 132 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• 91 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 813
• 258 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 2,323
• 78 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 823
• 118 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 1,142
• 79 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 770
In the past 24 hours, four new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,996.
The new deaths include:
• Fraser Health: one
• Vancouver Coastal Health: two
• Island Health: one
As of Thursday, 88.5% (4,103,158) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.1% (3,804,517) received their second dose.