57 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Northern Health - active case counts continue to fall
A man wearing a mask and goggles rides his bike out of the parking lot at the Life Care Center is shown in Kirkland, Wash., near Seattle, Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The facility has been tied to several confirmed cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)
FORT ST. JOHN --
B.C. is reporting 405 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 219,584 cases in the province.
There are currently 3,071 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 214,047 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 276 individuals are currently in hospital and 95 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 57 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 351
* 110 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 990
* 45 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 498
* 97 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 585
* 96 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 646
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,351.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Island Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
91.2% (4,229,649) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88% (4,079,277) received their second dose and 10% (469,176) have received a third dose.