4 people die from COVID-19 in BC since Wednesday - all from Northern Health Region
British Columbia Health Minister Adrian Dix looks on as Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry addresses the media during a news conference at the BC Centre of Disease Control in Vancouver B.C, Tuesday, January 28, 2020. (Jonathan Hayward / THE CANADIAN PRESS)
FORT ST. JOHN -- B.C. is reporting 715 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 200,249 cases in the province.
There are 4,965 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 192,819 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 377 individuals are in hospital and 136 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
*172 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 937
* 285 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 1,971
* 60 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 686
* 137 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 808
* 172 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 937
* 61 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 504
In the past 24 hours, four new deaths (Northern Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 2,096.
As of Thursday, 89.4% (4,141,865) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.8% (3,883,585) received their second dose.