28 COVID-19 deaths in BC over long weekend - seven of those from Northern Health region
Dr. Bonnie Henry and Health Minister Adrian Dix give a COVID-19 update. (Province of BC/Flickr)
FORT ST. JOHN -- Over a four-day period, B.C. is reporting 2,090 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 194,581 cases in the province:
• Oct. 8-9: 603 new cases
• Oct. 9-10: 634 new cases
• Oct. 10-11: 468 new cases
• Oct. 11-12: 385 new cases
There are 5,183 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 186,955 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 357 individuals are in hospital and 153 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• 351 new cases in Northern Health, total active cases: 833
• 814 new cases in Fraser Health, total active cases: 2,182
• 229 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health, total active cases: 647
• 404 new cases in Interior Health, total active cases: 841
• 292 new cases in Island Health, total active cases: 622
In the past 96 hours, 28 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,029.
The new deaths include:
• Northern Health: seven
• Fraser Health: five
• Vancouver Coastal Health: three
• Interior Health: eight
• Island Health: five
As of Tuesday, 88.8% (4,117,400) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.6% (3,830,063) received their second dose.