FSJ Fire Department Knocks Down Kitchen Fire, Saves Cat

Travis Fortnum
06/18/2019

64788108_2781156291954966_8068669705663021056_n.jpg

The Fire Department in Fort St. John say they were able to quickly extinguish a kitchen fire at the Peace Country Mobile Home Park this morning.

They say it happened around 11:00 a.m., when the female occupant was cooking.

She fell asleep on the couch, only to be awoken by the sound of the fire.

The woman was able to get herself out, as well as two of her three pets.

Fire crews were able to safely recover the third animal.

Damage was contained to the kitchen area, while smoke filled the residence.

The woman was unharmed but taken to hospital to be checked for smoke inhalation.

It appears there was no working smoke detector in the unit.

The City of Fort St. John Fire Department is taking this opportunity to remind residents to practice safe cooking practices and ensure your home has working smoke alarms.

Use of this Website assumes acceptance of Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
© 2019     All rights reserved
2018 Bell Media